Wednesday, March 22, 2017

He is ONE!!

The year mark is almost here! I can’t believe it! It has been fun to remember what each day brought a year ago. What a stressful and exciting time it was. I am so grateful that I was able to spend some time with you in the hospital and get to know you a little more. I wish that we could have spent more time together. I hope to see you again and your sweet family one day.

Owen continues to bring joy and happiness into our home. The love that he shares, especially with Avery, is great. I love that they are so close in age. They will forever be buddies!  He is all over the place and has no fear. It takes him only minutes to go from down stairs in the family room to our room 2.5 floors up to hang out in our bathroom. I have yet to figure out what he likes in there so much besides the door stops but those are on most door in the house.

Owen only cares for food that we are eating and finger foods so he can feed himself. When he is about done with his food, he loves to pick up his food, look at it, and watch it as he throws it down to the floor. He will do this and watch for my reaction. Once he is washed up, I put him on the floor and he speed crawls over to eat as much as he can. He is a character!

He is starting to fake choke because he gets a reaction but my favorite is fake cry after I say no. He throws his head backwards, eyes shut and then peeks out of his eyes so see the reaction and proceeds with a laugh and then goes on his way.

Owen this month:
-       He loves to walk with his push toys
-       He walks furniture
-       Climbs up and down the stairs all day long
-       Has gotten rid of his morning nap
-       He goes down for a nap 12:30 1 ish for 3 hours
-       Goes to bed between 7:30-8:15pm and wakes 8-8:30!
-       Loves to feed himself
-       Drinks his milk during meal time from a sippy
-       Loves to help sweep, vacuum, “fold” laundry, “do” dishes
-       Is a snuggle bug!
-       Loves to sing and read books
-       We went to the zoo
-       The happiest baby – People ask if he is ever sad
-       Wearing 12 month clothing, size 3 diapers
-       Loves to play hide-and-seek
-       Wants to be outside all the time.
o   It is too cold for mom now.
-       So excited when daddy come home
-       Is a boy through and through – He loves cars and balls
-       The sweetest boy around

-       We love him to the moon and back!

No comments: