Avery this month:
- She loves to help in the kitchen. While mom is making dinner, Avery loves to play with her fridge toys but has recently found that the stove drawer opens very easily I might add. She puts her magnets in the drawer, Christmas picture cards, and the roll that holds the toilet paper in there. I am usually pretty good at checking to clear it out before turning the oven on, but last week I forgot. Dave came home from work and smelt something funny but did not say anything as to not to offend. When we were cleaning up dinner the stove drawer came open and sure enough a Christmas picture card was well charred. This was Avery's favorite card especially because it had a doggy on it. Good bye card.
- She burnt two of her little fingers playing in the stove drawer. I did not think it got hot down there. Mother of the year I know. I felt so bad! She loved playing in the water and quickly forgot about it. We are trying to figure out how to secure the draw and never have it open again.
- Avery knows when it is time to change her bum by me having her diaper out and ready for a change, then me hitting the floor with two hands. Avery then hits the floor with her hands and lies down wherever she is. She has not figured out that I want her to come to me but it is good enough and we quickly change her where she lies.
- She loves to take her diaper to the trash. She will quickly stand up after she is changed and grab the diaper and mom or dad's hand and runs to the door to put it in the trash then to the bathroom to wash hands. So smart!
- We have transitioned to one nap instead of two short naps. She wakes 8-9 then naps from 1-3:30 and bed 8:30-9. That nap is heavenly and can accomplish so much during that time. I feel like I am a better mom knowing that I can get my things done while she is sleeping.
- When we read books, she is getting better at recognizing objects when I ask her where something is.
- She tries so hard to talk, I wish that I knew what she was saying. I wish that I would have been more consistent with signing to her. For the most part we communicate very well.
- She is learning her animals sounds. (Dog, cow, snake, monkey, and bird) She can sign bird/duck and I want
- She loves others faces, especially eyes and nose. She knows where her teeth and tongue are
- She is very independent and can get on and off bikes and her small slide
- She is constantly on the move and very good at it. She walks everywhere! She can stand up in the middle of the room with no assistant from anyone or thing.
- She is a pro at climbing stairs and still struggling at getting down. She thinks now that she can walk that she can walk down the stairs too. She has rolled down 3-4 stairs 3 times and does not get to shaken up about it.
- Every time she eats, she eats as if she has not eaten in ages. She has the two handed fit eating down.
- Some of her favorite foods include: mac and cheese, hot dogs, spaghetti O's, animal crackers, yoghurt bites, veggie straws, watermelon, and cherries
- She is still and excellent sharer when it comes to just about anything, wether you want it or not
- She has found her belly button and thinks it is pretty cool
- She loves necklaces and is pretty good at taking them on and off. She loves Danna's Mickey Mouse necklace and loves to push the button as soon as it turns off.
- She is into purses too! She loves to put things in then take them out.
- She is the friendliest baby around. She is always waving to everyone. When she gets a wave back she is so happy! Grocery shopping takes so much longer because of how friendly she is and strangers stopping to talk.
- Avery loves her swing! She can swing and swing but mom gets to hot out there so we limit it to the morning before 10 and after dinner. She loves it! She loves being outside!
- She loves to lay on mom and dad's bed and get raspberries on her tummy and checks. She tries to give them back.
- Church is always and adventure with our little one. She does really well during sacrament meeting and the last two hours are rough. She wants to be out and about playing with all the boys and girls. Reverence is something that we are working on.
- She as starting throwing tantrums and hitting in the face when she does not get what she wants. For know let her cry it out while I do dishes or something and she is fine in a minute or two. I have not really prepared for this part of parenting. She is usually a very good baby but when no is said and meant she hates it.
-
We love our little girls more and more everyday! We are so lucky to have her in our hearts, arms and home.

No comments:
Post a Comment