My Grandma Glover passed away earlier this week, January 29, 20015. She lived an incredible life just shy of 80 years in April. She is a sweet lady full of sticky kisses and love pats on you leg without fail. She is loved by many. She brought 9 children into her life, with 40 grandchildren, 74 great-grandchildren and 3 great-great-grandchildren.
She was a women full of service and love to everyone. She was one that did not receive service toward her well. A story was mentioned that the YM came to clean up the yard and did a great job of it. Grandma later found out that this happened and called the YM president and told him not to do it again. Others did need to clean up our responsibility.
Grandma loved music and had a beautiful singing voice. She always wanted to be in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and she could have been if she would have tried out, however she was in many choirs over the years. When she would come over to our house or my went there when we were young she would play the piano and we would dance around the room. I also remember her helping us find matches to socks. She would always say "another pair of socks for someone to wear" as she sang and threw the socks into the basket. She made everything fun.
Grandma and Grandpa had been married for 61 years! This was her greatest calling and blessing being a wife and a mother . She never worked a day outside of the home. She loved being a homemaker and had a great love for her family. She knew everyone's birthday's, anniversary's, and special events and would call on that very day to say she was thinking of you and she loved you. Always a short conversation but ones that I will always remember.
Grandma's viewing and funeral were both amazing! There were so many people there, and the best part about it was, that most of here posterity were there. I was amazed that all but 5 or her 40 grandchildren were there, 2 of which are celebrating in heaven with her.
Grandpa did incredibly well for how hard its been on him. He misses Grandma so much. They loved each other. Grandpa choose in 2013 on his death bed that he could not go yet. He chose to be with Grandma. (I would love to hear this story in more depth in the future.) They loved each other! What could be more important than that?
I am so happy that she is removed from her pain and imperfect body. What a blessing it is to know that we will all live again in our perfect state.
These 9 kids are a fun bunch. Trouble. . . crazy. . . and oh so fun!
I Know that families are forever. I hope and pray that I do my part here and earth so that I can return to the presence to my loving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ I know that my Grandma Glover and Grandpa Law are there now cheering me on and helping me along my path. Until me meet again! I love you!



No comments:
Post a Comment