Friday, May 10, 2013

We LOVE moving!

Friday, March 22nd we went to talk to Brain, our loan guy to qualify for a HOME!!! We talked and learned so much from him. We thought that we knew a lot but now we know a whole lot more. At one point we were told that we could easily have a house under contract within a week. I laughed because we are talking about Dave who took 6 months to find the TV that he wanted.
We had been looking on ksl for a long time for homes but more interestedly the past 6 months. We went on our first house hunt on Wednesday. We walked through 3 or 4 homes and were very discouraged and sometimes frightened. We went at it again on Friday with 8 homes and then a house that Dave found earlier that day on ksl that we loved. The houses we walked through were beautiful but not our home. On the 6th home we asked Emily, our realtor, how do you know which home is ours? She said you just know. We were getting really tired after a full day of work and 8 homes and were just done. Then we walked through the home that Dave found that day. As we were walking toward it, I got butterflies in my tummy and I think Dave did too. It had a wrap around porch and a nicely landscaped front yard. We walked out back and found that it is attached to a park with a gate opening to it. I was in love and knew now that Dave was too! The house was beautiful with a small kitchen, built in bookshelves in the family room, large garage, good size bedrooms, and a separate master level suite! We ended up putting an offer on the home that night - just like Brain said, one week. I never would have thought it. We received a counter offer that night. We being number people ran a whole bunch of numbers and finally went to bed at three a.m.
We awoke at 5:15 the next morning. I heard Dave saying, "What are you doing? Who are you?" I thought that he was having a nightmare so I woke up to calm him down. When I opened my eyes, I saw a flashlight going from the bathroom to the family room. Dave repeated, "What are you doing? Who are you?"
He responded, "Here on inspection."
That is when I sort of realized what was going on and started screaming bloody murder. "Leave my stuff alone! Get out of our house! Leave us alone!" Dave started to get up and the guy started frantically trying to find a way out. He left without us seeing him and nothing was taken. We called the cops and they told us that they were surprised that we lived there and that it was time to move. We learned that this guy really wanted to get into our place. Gently taking the screen screws out and wiggling the window lose from the lock and stepping over the sink. He knocked a flower off the window seal which is probably what woke Dave up.
Long story short, we moved out that evening to my parents home for a short period of time. We are now safe and protected from the crazies that are out there.

Due to some complications with the appraisal and underwriter, we will be closing the end of May!

No comments: