We choose Puerto Vallarta this year because in November 2010 or 2011 all of the Kirby brothers and sisters and spouses went for Grandma and Grandpa's 50 Anniversary. You could tell that they had the time of their lives. The other plus was the Karla and Holly have been going to Puerto Vallarta for years and knew all the great things to do and places to eat.
The night before we left, we were able to go to InTech Collegiate High School graduation. It was a great way for me to end the school year. I love and missed my students so much. They are awesome! We did not get home from Logan until 12:30 so we only got 4 1/2 hours of sleep. That was not smart but so worth it (Dave is thought so)!
We were told by many that when we got off the plane that we were to ignore everyone and go straight outside to get a cab. It was hot and loud and a ton of people trying to give cabs rides. We did exactly what we were told, however we gave some a laugh as we did it. I did not know where the out was and walked directly with Dave behind me, into the offices. They looked at us like we were crazy. We eventually found the place that we were suppose to be and got a good deal for the taxi to our resort.
The resort was beautiful - Villa Del Palmar. It had two swimming pools and right on the beach. We were in the pools most of the time because the ocean had garbage everywhere and dead fish. The week prior the was a tropical storm that went through Puerto Vallarta, so we also felt as though we were one of very few guests.
However we did get into the ocean a few times. The hotel provided kayaks and paddle boards that you could use as long as you could find the guy in charge. It was fun to to sit out in the water and feel the breeze and peace. I was impressed at how not nervous I was out in the middle of the ocean with fishes underneath me and the kayak rocking with a breeze. I really enjoyed myself. The only down fall was that there was no back rest. We also tried the paddle board. Dave was really good at it. He only fell a few times. I however was perfect fine getting to my knees and sitting up really tall and paddling. I did not do it for very long because I am apparently pretty weak in my arms.
One of my favorite things that we did was parasailing. It was amazing! These guys are so professional. You take off and end in the exact same spot on the beach. It was fun to watch person after person fly in the sky. Dave was a little nervous at first since he does not really do heights but loved every minute of it.
We also went zip-lining at Los Veranos. We did not get any pictures of the actual zip-lines but it was sure fun. We both went upside down with a guide which was amazing! I screamed the whole way across. At the end of the zip-line was a little petting zoo. There were snakes and spider monkeys. The spider monkey used Dave's head several times to get to where he wanted. It felt so cool to feel the monkey eat out of my hand.
We also went sailing so we could go snorkeling at Los Arcos. There were some beautiful fish. I did not get in since I was not feeling very well. We saw three dolphins jumping and swimming with us. It was so cool! After snorkeling we went to a private beach for lunch. The water was really choppy and I really did not feel well then. I threw up but very classy like according to Dave. A cute couple gave me some motion sickness pills, rested and started to feel a little better about a hour later. Once I woke up the couple that gave me medicine asked how I was doing in broken English. I told them I felt fine in both English and Spanish with Dave's help. Once they knew Dave spoke Spanish we were instantly friends. We really enjoyed talking to them. They even invited us to go dancing that evening, we did not go however since they were starting so late.
The food in Mexico was delicious. We ate very well; tacos and burritos every night. We followed Karla's recommendations pretty well but tried several by the locals recommendations as well. My favorite dish was al pastor tacos - BBQ pork with roasted pineapple.
Downtown there are sand sculptures everywhere. These were our favorites.
We love vacations! We look forward to our next one!
ITINERARY
Thursday - swam, dinner made by Dave - steak tacos
Friday - swam and Malecon (downtown), dinner at Melissa's
Saturday - swam and paddle boarding, parasailing and downtown, dinner at Pipi's
Sunday - church, swam, dinner at Pepe's
Monday - zip-lines at Los Veranos, swam, dinner at the mall
Tuesday - swam, kayaking and paddle boarding, dinner at a taco stand in Bucerias
Wednesday - snorkling at Los Arcos, downtown, dinner at Melissa's
Thursday - sick swimming pool, diner at the resort ceaser salad and Filet Mignon
Friday - swimming in the morning and on the plane by 2:45

No comments:
Post a Comment