Saturday, June 25, 2016

Owen Sealing

My heart is full today! I love my family so much!  We were sealed this afternoon to Owen in the Ogden Temple.  It was a beautiful day! He has such a sweet calming spirit about him. He loves to engage with anyone and everyone. As he was sealed he looked directly at Brother Maughn and the two of them made eye contact and did not release as he spoke the words of the beautiful blessing. He knows what is going on and remembers so much of life with Heavenly Father. I am grateful for his spirit in our home. I hope and pray that we will be the parents that we need to be to his sweet spirit.


 Court was in Bountiful Monday, June 20th with Judge Dawson. He was the same judge as Avery's.  We went to court on June 20th to legally become a family. Owen was his normal happy talkative self.  We sat at the table and our family sat behind us. At first Owen was facing the judge and he turned to look behind him and he saw people he recognized, family. He screamed with excitement and never stopped. The bailiff is suppose to be very serious and he could not do it. Owen was chatting with him and the judge. It was hard to hear when we were answering questions because he had so much to say. The judge, same judge as Avery, said that we would have our hands full with him.  I don’t see that yet, it is Avery that is the handful currently. Owen’s turn will come. J





On Saturday June 25th we went to the Ogden LDS Temple to become and eternal family with Owen. What a beautiful day! I loved seeing my family all dressed in white entering the temple. Avery was so excited for this day. All week long she asked if it was temple day and every day I said not yet. Children are not allowed in to the temple unless there is a sealing of the immediate family, so this is Avery’s second time entering the temple. The temple workers loved Owen. They were sad to see him leave. During the sealing, Owen sat on the alter placing his hand on Dave and my hand with the help of Dave’s sister. The sealer repeated the words and Owen’s eyes were glued to him with lots of smiles. Owen knew what was going on. He knew that this is where we needed to be and the blessing of an eternal family is of great importance. I am so grateful for the plan that our Heavenly Father gave us. What a beautiful gift he has given us.








I love all these pictures but especially this one above. Avery is so much Dave and Owen is so much me. This is another tender mercy to me knowing that all God's children make it to the family that they belong. I love adoption and the opportunity that I get to see God's hand in my life.








Happy Eternal Family!




No comments: