On December 7th, Avery’s 7 month birthday, Avery was blessed at our church house at 9:00 am. It was beautiful. Dave and I were both worried that she would wreak havoc in the circle, pull on the mic, use her loudest voice to talk t
o everyone and get scared with everyone in the circle and not playing with her. Instead it was the complete opposite. She was so reverent. Dave said she just looked at everyone in the circle and then stared at daddy and smiled. She repeated this several times. I planned on writing the basic things that were mentioned in her blessing, instead I sat and listened and cried. It was so beautiful. I loved that Danna was brought up in the blessing, blessing that Avery would have her love and unselfishness as she grows older.
o everyone and get scared with everyone in the circle and not playing with her. Instead it was the complete opposite. She was so reverent. Dave said she just looked at everyone in the circle and then stared at daddy and smiled. She repeated this several times. I planned on writing the basic things that were mentioned in her blessing, instead I sat and listened and cried. It was so beautiful. I loved that Danna was brought up in the blessing, blessing that Avery would have her love and unselfishness as she grows older.
Dave was released from the Executive Secretary during sacrament today as well. We were sad that he was released after 14 months of serving, but happy that I would have my husband back on Sunday’s. He grew so much from this calling. We meet with the Bishop after church to go what I thought was a new calling for Dave. Boy was I wrong. I was realized from the Young Women’s Presidency after 7 months and asked to serve as the Primary President. I was shocked! and so was Dave. Usually he knew what was going on in terms of callings and what not due to working with the Bishop so closely. They had closed meetings to discuss the calling of the Primary Presidency so Dave did not know. Dave does not have a calling now but I don’t think that will last for very long.
After sacrament meeting, we headed over to our house to eat in and enjoy friends and family. Avery was a trooper as usually. She usually takes a nap during the second hour of church which we skipped and came home to celebrate. The celebration was taking place during nap time and Avery does not sleep when there are people over. We had roughly 40 people there, which meet no sleep for this girl. Instead we got some cute pictures!
Our Friend DeAnn
Grandma Law – she is the one that made Avery’s dress. I asked grandma 10 years ago to make this dress. There was no baby on the way, not even married at the time, I just needed to ask her as she is always making and doing something for others. She finished it 8 years ago, still no baby on the way, however I was dating Dave. She saved it and saved it for our special little girl that we would have one day. The day is here! She wore it in the temple too! We were worried that it would not fit but it did! We probably only had a few weeks left and then for sure she would not have fit in it. It is beautiful!
Grandma Lori and Grandpa Fire – He is a fireman
Aunt Daine
Aunt Karla
Grandma and Grandpa Kirby _ Jana’s parents
Grandma Jana and Poppie
Once everyone went home, we napped! and played the rest of the day.
Happy Avery Day!
This is a part of a letter that
Dave wrote Avery about Avery’s baby blessing:
This was one of the neatest
experiences I have ever had. I am the luckiest man in the world to be your
father. I was so nervous to bless you and tried not to think about what I was
going to say beforehand so that the sprit could direct me into what to say. I
was also worried about how much you liked to move and grab at things. I was
concerned you were going to grab the mic and sing a song. When it was our turn
to head up all my fears went away and my mind was clear.
I don’t remember much of what the
blessing contained but I do remember how you would look around at each man in
the circle. You would pause for just a moment on each one and then move onto
the next one. Then you would just look up and stare at me. I loved your
reverence and how sweet you looked.
There was a major theme to your
blessing, service. Your mother and I would have never had the amazing chance to
have you in our family without the service and sacrifice of your birth mom
Danna and grandma Diane. Service is where you will find true happiness in you
life. Ask your Heavenly Father every morning for ways to serve someone and go
out of your way to look for someone to serve. Be a cheerful giver!
Another important thing that was
mentioned in your blessing was to to look toward the temple. The temple is
where we serve our family. It is so important to be worthy of a temple
recommend always. You went to the temple with your mother and me to be sealed to
us for time and all eternity. I blessed you with the desire to go back. Please
always make the temple your top priority.






















No comments:
Post a Comment