Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Summer- Where does the time go!

>

I know you guys are so excited to hear from us again! Summer has just begun for me. One of the things that I looked forward to as a school teacher was to have a three month summer with tons of fun. Well is did not happen this year and probably won’t happen next year either. School got out the end of May and I was asked/forced to teach summer school starting the Monday after school got out. I worked from 9 to 5 Monday through Friday with no breaks not even for lunch. I wasn’t too excited about the whole thing but now that I think about it, I am so very grateful for the blessing of working. There are so many people that are without a job and I am complaining that I have one. I am even more blessed because InTech Collegiate High School (the school I work for) actually had to let the other math teacher go in January. I am also grateful that I was able to do something while Dave was working.

Dave is currently working as an intern at Thermo Fisher. We were so blessed to receive this position. Dave had applied for so many jobs. He applied for jobs that were not engineering, jobs that he was over qualified for and jobs that were down in the Salt Lake area where he would be down there Monday through Friday and come home for the weekend. We are so very blessed that he found a job that is close, that he is working with engineers, and receiving some experience in what he wants to do. He is learning lots and loving it. He works 7 to 4 Monday through Friday.

Though we have had to work all summer, we have had tons of fun. We were able to get work off and go on five day cruise June 20 – June 25 to the Western Caribbean, go to the cabin at Bear Lake, Mack’s Inn, Logan canyon to roast hotdogs and play games, 4th of July activities, and hang out with friends and family playing.

(I will try to remember to post about these activities!) We love summers!!!


No comments: